Laser cutting enables us to cut complex profiles quickly to a high degree or accuracy. Our Prima slab laser has a cutting bed of 3m x 1.5 m which is larger than most laser cutters.
We are able to cut up to the following thicknesses:
Mild steel – 16mm
Stainless steel – 8mm
Aluminium – 6mm
The Prima slab laser can also cut box section up to 150mm in height.
We accept DXF files, CAD drawings, sketches & templates. Due to the quick set up time we are able to cut one-off prototypes and batch work at a very competitive price.
The benefits of laser cutting
Laser cutting systems are at there effective best when producing a precise cut because of the accuracy of the fine laser contact.
Laser cutting can produce complex internal and external detail, small diameter holes can be produced and remove the need for further machining operations.
Our machinery provides a range of benefits to our customers:
- Gives a superior edge finish that requires no de-burring or finishing
- Intricate detail, etching & marking are all possible
- Lasers can cut complex shapes without the need for tooling
- Speed is comparable or faster than other profile cutting methods
- Localised heat distortion is reduced
- IA polished edge finish can be achieved on stainless steel using a nitrogen assist gas